Friday, July 9, 2010

Oh Sheesh Y'all! Apple Walnut Muffins!

I love watching Jake and Amir from College Humor. Their crazy stints crack me up every time. This episode made my mouth water for some apple walnut muffin! :) I know that sounds weird cause the episode involved Amir having to spit out the muffin, but I felt like having some after watching it so there. Haha! Too bad amir is allergic to apples, walnuts, and muffins, cause this muffin is pretty good.  
  
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Flaxseed
1 and 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 cup Truvia
2 tsp Baking powder
3 Egg white substitute
2 tbsp Canola oil
3/4 cup Almond milk/Soy milk/Rice milk
1/2 cup Chopped walnuts
1 Large apple, diced

I am getting the hang of baking and I am really starting to enjoy it. I got the recipe from the internet, (again, I do not remember where), but thank you. My sister and I modified the ingredients a little to make it healthier. Vegan apple walnut muffins. Yum. These ingredients make about 18-20 2 inch muffins.

Firstly, Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grind flaxseed to a coarse or fine powder (your preference, we prefer fine) in a coffee grinder.





In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt, truvia and baking powder. Stir in the flaxseed powder. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs with the oil and milk. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine with a few swift strokes. Stir the diced apples and the walnuts into the batter. 


Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes. We found that the muffins were a little dry, so to add moisture, we added around a table spoon of maple syrup on each muffin and oh boy did it taste good. Enjoy!



No comments: