Friday, July 23, 2010

The Last Airbender

Lego Avatar: The Last AirbenderImage via Wikipedia











 
Okay, so I (finally) got to watch The Last Airbender. Me and some of my friends are avid Avatar The Last Airbnder watchers, and learning that it was going to be a movie was like sweet, sweet music to our ears. But much to our dismay, seeing the movie provoked major disappointment. They were all oh it sucked, I can't believe I wasted my money on this and all that. Their rants sort of amused me though. Yeah, I am amused with the weirdest of situations. :D 

Some things that made my eye twitch:
> Aang, was pronounced as Ung, and Iroh is pronounced as Eero. Eero! I know that is petty, but when you're used to hearing something, you notice those subtle differences, and you kind of find it to be annoying.  
> I guess the fact that the lead actors were "White" and the villains were "Indian" had a lot of people complaining. That didn't bother me that much though.
> I miss the hilarious and clumsy Sokka :)
> They squeezed a whole book into one movie. The story can be a little bit confusing if you never watched the series.
> Aang, the lead character, looks like one of my friends so I was laughing the whole time while watcing the movie. >:)
> The story lacked that special someting that the animated series had. The movie was, well, pretty dull.

From my standpoint, it was okay. It wasn't anything spectacular. I loved the series and I do wish it could have been better, but it wasn't. So might I suggest they just do an animated movie that had book 4 perhaps? Just a thought :)


No comments: